Students and parents will want to know the following important information:
In this time of severe budget constraints (the "austerity budget" from the state), Mabry's resources have been significantly constrained. In the past, parents have been able to drop students off as early as 7:45, which was 1.5 hours before school started. Funding will no longer allow us to provide this service for this length of time. We regret the inconvenience this may cause some of our families.
Times and Locations for Early Morning Student Arrival
Morning Study Hall
- Students may not arrive for morning study hall until 8:15AM.
- Parents should drop students off at the front entrance of the school for Study Hall.
- Students who come to morning study hall can not enter the building until 8:15AM.
- Morning Study Hall is a time for silent reading or silent study.
- Students are not to be on school property before 8:15AM unless prior arrangements were made with a specific teacher for a specific event.
- Other than the specific situations listed below, Mabry does not provide for student supervision before 8:15AM and can assume no liability should a student be at school prior to 8:15AM.
- Students remain in study hall until it is dismissed at 8:45AM.
- Students participating in Intramurals may arrive between 8:00AM and 8:10AM in the circular drive entrance nearest the gym doors.
- Parents should enter the front parking lot and proceed down to the circular drive nearest the gym doors when dropping students off for Intramurals.
- This entrance is locked promptly at 8:10AM.
- Students arriving after 8:10AM may not participate in Intramurals that day.
- Students remain in intramurals until it is dismissed at 8:45AM.
Band, Orchestra, and Chorus Rehearsals or Passoffs
- These students may arrive between 8:00AM and 8:15AM in the back bus lanes.
- These students will receive detailed information about this new procedure from their Band, Orchestra, or Chorus teachers.
- We believe this will reduce congestion in the front of the school as well as reducing the time it takes to drop your student off.
- This entrance is locked promptly at 8:15AM.
- Students arriving after 8:15 must come in through the front entrance to the school.
- Parents should drop their students off from the front parking lot after 8:15AM.
- For safety reasons, no cars are allowed in the back bus lanes area after 8:15AM.
- Students remain in band, orchestra, or chorus until it is dismissed at 8:45AM.
Early Morning Study Sessions with Teachers
- These students may arrive between 8:00AM and 8:15AM at the front entrance to the school.
- These students can not be admitted into the building until the teacher with whom they are working arrives or until 8:15AM, which ever happens first.
- The teacher will pick the student up from Study Hall, after 8:15AM, or at the front door, from 8:00AM until 8:15AM.
- These study sessions must be arranged in advance with the teacher.
- Students remain in early morning study sessions until dismissed at 8:45AM.
School Hours: 1st period begins promptly at 9:15. School ends at 4:15.
Posted by Dr. Tyson