November Dinner Celebration
On November 15, 2005, Mabry Middle School paused to celebrate four significant accomplishments at our school:
- 27 years of outstanding service to our community
- Completion of $8.8 million in SPLOST renovations and additions
- Scholastic and Intel's prestigious Schools of Distinction Award for Technology Innovation
- Georgia's Silver Award for Academic Achievement: Highest Percentage of Students At and Above Grade Level
We have published two podcasts (one video and one audio-only) of Dr. Tyson's presentation at the dinner celebration. He discusses each of the four achievements and ends the presentation by answering the question, "Where do we go from here?". The goal he sets before us at Mabry: "In order to meet the unfettered demands of the global job market our students will face when they graduate from college in 10 years, we need to turn school on its head by changing school from an information distribution system to a collection of collaborative knowledge fabrication systems, and let's start that shift here at Mabry." Listen to find out what he means by this significant challenge.
If you were unable to attend our celebration, enjoy either one of the "virtual celebrations" linked below from MabryOnline's Podcast Central.
- Click here to immediately listen to the audio-only podcast of our celebration dinner
- Click here to go to the post which includes the audio-only podcast of our celebration dinner
- Click here to immediately download the video podcast of our celebration dinner
- Click here to go to the post which includes the video podcast of our celebration dinner and instructions for how to listen
In addition to our students, parents, teachers and their families, we were delighted to host a number of other special guests at our dinner celebration. Click the image below for a list of our special guests for the evening.
Posted by Dr. Tyson