Back to School Letter
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the 2006 - 2007 school year at Mabry Middle School! In preparation for the new school year, I have some very important information to share with you. At the beginning of August, this letter is being mailed to all registered students.
Our website has met with an overwhelming response, serving over 1,000,000 files to people all over the world each month. We have received emails as far away as New Delhi, India, Tasmania, and Australia. You will want to visit our new site frequently as it contains a great deal of important information, including all of our teachers' blogs. If you navigate to our old site on the Cobb County server, you will be directed to go to the new address: http://mabryonline.org
Additionally, we have also created a secured site to provide access to important information that I do not want to go beyond our immediate school community. I am providing you with this access information and am requesting several things of you:
- Save this information in a safe place.
- Please do not call the school to request this information as we will not give it out over the phone to anyone, at any time, for any reason.
- If you stop by the school to pick this information up, you will need to be prepared to provide picture ID to demonstrate you have a child currently enrolled at Mabry.
- Please do not share this access information with anyone, at any time, for any reason.
As you know, I take safety and security very seriously. [INFORMATION DELETED FROM THIS ONLINE POST]
Charger Day, your convenient one-stop shopping experience for most of your back to school needs, is scheduled for Thursday, August 10, 2006, from 10:30AM to 1:00PM. You will have the opportunity to conveniently take care of all of these back to school purchases:
- Join PTSA ($3.50 each)
- Donate to PTSA (Your $40.00 family donation sustains their not doing fundraising!)
- PTSA Membership Directory ($5.00 if available)
- School Pictures (Package prices vary. Click here to download the flier. Have your student come with you dressed appropriately for school pictures!)
- School Agenda ($5.00)
- School Lunches
- School Yearbook ($25.00 now; $30.00 on January 1st; $35.00 on May 1st if available)
- Performing Arts donations
Additionally, we will:
- Post pod and homeroom assignments for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders
- Post bus routes
- Allow all students to quickly find their homeroom so they will know exactly where to go on the first day of school. Teachers will not be prepared to visit with parents or students as they will be extremely busy getting their classes ready for the first day of school. Therefore, we are asking that everyone end their Charger Day by quickly locating their new homeroom and then exiting the building.
Please keep in mind:
- Last year, for those who came at the very beginning of Charger Day, this was a very congested and busy event that at times had long lines at different stations. Those who came later had significantly less or even no wait time at all.
- We are "closing up shop" promptly at 1:00PM.
- All of our volunteers will be wearing red. If you don't want people to think you have the answer to the meaning of life, don't wear red on Charger Day!
- Parking will be an issue, so please carpool.
- Students must be accompanied by their parent. No students are to be dropped off or left unattended.
- Enter from the back of the school in the bus parking lot off of Steinhauer Road. The main entrance will be for registration only.
- You may enter the building from any of the 3 double doors under the back covered walkway in the bus parking lot. These doors will not open until 10:30AM.
- Read the important information related to Charger Day posted at MabryOnline.org.
- Download, print, and bring with you the color-coded Charger Day Checklist and the color-coded Charger Day Map [use the information you received in the mail]. We can only provide you with black and white copies at the doors. The color-coded maps will correspond with the color of the balloons located at each of the different stations. These two items will help minimize confusion and facilitate your getting in and out quickly.
- We do not take plastic (yet), only checks. We will not be prepared to provide change for cash.
- You will need to write several checks as money goes to different organizations as indicated on the Charger Day Checklist.
- When possible, having your checks already made out before you arrive will help speed up this process. The information you need to accomplish this is located on the Charger Day Checklist.
While a bit hectic, we hope that Charger Day will be a convenience for our school community, providing you with the opportunity to get most of the major school year purchases taken care of at one time while learning your team assignments and homeroom location. Be sure to save all of your receipts.
Take the time to introduce yourself to me. I will have 500 MabryOnline.org magnets, suitable for hanging (on your refrigerator) which I will be giving out as I walk around. I hope you join me in looking forward to a wonderful year full of academic success.
Dr. Tim Tyson
Mabry Middle School
Posted by Dr. Tyson