Students and parents will want to know the following important information:
I hope everyone is having a great summer vacation, but before you know it, the 2006 - 2007 school year will be starting! In fact, Charger Day is on Thursday, August 10, 2006, from 10:30AM until 1:00PM. School starts just a few days later on Monday, August 14, 2006. Here is some information you will need to know about school hours and the places you can be dropped off for school if you are not riding the bus.
Times and Locations for Early Morning Student Arrival
Morning Study Hall
- Students may not arrive for morning study hall until 8:15AM.
- Parents should drop students off at the front entrance of the school for Study Hall.
- Students who come to morning study hall can not enter the building until 8:15AM.
- Morning Study Hall is a time for silent reading or silent study.
- Students are not to be on school property before 8:15AM unless prior arrangements were made with a specific teacher for a specific event.
- Other than the specific situations listed below, Mabry does not provide for student supervision before 8:15AM and can assume no liability should a student be at school prior to 8:15AM.
- Students participating in Intramurals may arrive between 8:00AM and 8:10AM in the circular drive entrance nearest the gym doors.
- Parents should enter the front parking lot and proceed down to the circular drive nearest the gym doors when dropping students off for Intramurals.
- This entrance is locked promptly at 8:10AM.
- Students arriving after 8:10AM may not participate in Intramurals that day.
Band, Orchestra, and Chorus Rehearsals or Passoffs
- These students may arrive between 8:00AM and 8:15AM in the back bus lanes.
- These students will receive detailed information about this new procedure from their Band, Orchestra, or Chorus teachers.
- We believe this will reduce congestion in the front of the school as well as reducing the time it takes to drop your student off.
- This entrance is locked promptly at 8:15AM.
- Students arriving after 8:15 must come in through the front entrance to the school.
- Parents should drop their students off from the front parking lot after 8:15AM.
- For safety reasons, no cars are allowed in the back bus lanes area after 8:15AM.
Early Morning Study Sessions with Teachers
- These students may arrive between 8:00AM and 8:15AM at the front entrance to the school.
- These students can not be admitted into the building until the teacher with whom they are working arrives or until 8:15AM, which ever happens first.
- The teacher will pick the student up from Study Hall, after 8:15AM, or at the front door, from 8:00AM until 8:15AM.
- These study sessions must be arranged in advance with the teacher.
School Hours: 1st period begins promptly at 9:15. School ends at 4:15.
Posted by Dr. Tyson