Import Immunization Requirement for 2007 - 2008
If you have a rising 6th grader or will be new to Georgia for the 2007 - 2008 school year, you need to download and read the attached pdf containing important required information regarding Georgia's new immunization requirements for the 2007 - 2008 school year.
posted on: March 19, 2007
Attention All Rising 6th Graders & New Students!
If you are about to be a sixth grader at Mabry Middle School, or if you will be a new student to Mabry, you will want to know everything there is to know about our school. I suppose I could tell you, or our teachers could tell you, or maybe even your counselors could tell you.
But Mrs. Hartnett, one of our 8th grade teachers, had a better idea. Why not have all of the 8th grade students, at the end of their 8th grade year, tell you all about Mabry Middle School. So, her students, as part of working on their expository writing, created their own entire website last year just for you!
You will not want to miss reading what they have written for you as they move on to high school. They have lots of advice and information that will help you fit in at Mabry and find success. Even the name of their site is clever: Sixceed! (Click on the name to view their site.)
posted on: August 09, 2006
New to Mabry?
If you will be a new student to Mabry Middle School this year, especially rising 6th graders, you will want to be sure to visit Podcast Central. Make sure you learn about our instrumental music programs by listening to (and watching) their podcasts! Click on each of the links below. I assure you, you will be amazed.
You can also subscribe to Mabry's podcasts in iTunes (Windows and Mac) by clicking here. (Requires current version of iTunes)
You will also want to visit Sixceed and listen to these three podcasts from our students last year who will give you great advice about how to be successful at Mabry this year!
Moms and Dads, I encourage you to listen to one of our parents talk about Mabry from a parent's point of view!
posted on: August 09, 2006
Date & Time for Registration
Registration is scheduled for Monday, August 1, 2005, from 10:00AM until 2:00PM. Please be sure to read the post about what you will need to bring with you to register.
You do not need to register your child to attend Mabry if your child was in one of our feeder elementary schools last year. Registration is only necessary if your child is new to our community.
posted on: July 14, 2005
Mabry Dress Code, 2006 - 2007
Plans for a wonderful 2005-2006 school year are already in the works. As you and your students relax over the summer and then begin back-to-school shopping, the following information should assist you in our efforts to promote the most effective learning environment for our middle school students.
In middle school, students are making the transition from childhood to young adulthood. Hair styles and clothing should not draw undue attention so as to distract from learning. We want to have a dress code that is conducive to the formality of the school learning environment. Our primary focus is maximizing student academic achievement.
- Sheer or see-through garments
- Clothing or ornamentation displaying or advertising substances illegal for minors
- Clothing or ornamentation displaying suggestive phrases, designs, markings or profanities
- Mini-skirts or short-shorts
- Midriff shirts or any blouses or tops that expose the stomach or waistline
- Any clothing that exposes cleavage
- Halter tops or spaghetti-strap tops
- Loose-fitting pants or shorts that ride low showing underwear
- Chains. They may not be worn as ornamentation or used to secure wallets, etc. Studded bracelets are not to be worn in school or on school grounds (JCDAC). Jewelry that is distracting, unsafe, or symbolic of inappropriate school behavior.
- Caps and hats. They are not to be worn during the school day unless there is a special activity during which they are deemed appropriate by the administration. This applies to both boys and girls.
- Flip flops are not to be worn. Shoes must be worn at all times. We encourage closed toe and heeled shoes.
- While we will allow sleeveless tops for girls only, the sleeve must cover the entire shoulder and not be loose so as to be revealing.
I appreciate your cooperation and support of the Mabry Middle School dress code. Again, middle school students can so easily be distracted from learning. Our focus in every regard must be academic performance.
posted on: June 17, 2005
What You Will Need for Registration
For complete, accurate, up-to-the-minute information about what you will need to register at any school in the Coob County School District, please click on the image below.
posted on: June 14, 2005