We will be creating our own versions of editorial cartoons in class. We have studied actual editorial cartoons in the AJC, and we have discussed the characteristics of the editorial cartoon. To apply our knowledge of these characteristics, the students wil select an issue pertaining to school life at Mabry and will draw their own cartoons using the following requirements:
1. It must be school appropriate.
2. No names must be used.
3. The content must be about a school issue.
4. It must be illustarted with color.
5. It must have a clear message.
6. It must be on 8.5" x 11" unlined paper.
Be creative and have fun!!!
posted on: September 06, 2006