Parents, here are things you can do to help your children be as successful as possible on the CRCT.
1. Make sure your children get a good night's sleep each night before testing.
2. Provide a healthy breakfast, even if they would prefer a brown sugar cinnamon Pop-tart.
3. Get them to school on time. When they are late or rush in at the last minute it is hard to get calm and focused for testing.
4. Check to see that your child has at least 2 number 2 pencils. Mechanical pencils are not allowed.
5. If you must schedule appointments, schedule them for afternoon so that students do not miss testing. Students who test in their own classrooms and at the normal testing time are more likely to perform up to their full capabilities. While we do provide make-ups sessions, they are sometimes in unfamiliar settings.
6. Help your children stay relaxed. Some students suffer from test anxiety but feel reassured when we stay calm and tell them we have faith in them and that we know they will do their best.
Posted by Mrs. Jackson