Students are assigned the first project for the second nine weeks grading period. They have creative choices to make which involves decision making skills. Students may pick from creating a digital movie, planning a party, drawing a movie poster, designing costumes, role playing scenarios, to writing a newspaper article. Below is the directions of choices for this project. The due date is Oct. 23rd or 24th.
posted on: October 13, 2006
Students have finished reading And Then There Were None.
On Tuesday, 10/10, their projects are due.
Students are to create a character booklet of the ten character in the novel.
See rubric below.
posted on: October 06, 2006
ACLA students will deliver interviews on topics of personal choice. Inteviews will begin next Monday and Tuesday, August 28-29.
Directions - 8/21
Prewrite and practice with partner - 8/22
Practice with partner final draft - 8/25
Interviews - 8/28-8/29
Interview Rubric Name:_________________
• Too short, less than a minute, and few and limited ideas = 5
• Short, less than 2 minutes, mixed up ideas, and no organization = 10
• Not even 3 minutes, confusing content and ideas = 15
• 3+ minutes with organization and important content and details = 20
• Excellent content, ideas, organization, 4-5 minutes = 25
Visuals 1=5 2=10 3=15 4=20
• You have 4 different visuals or props
Written Speech/note cards
• Read every word from cards = 5
• Looked down for help often = 10
• Hardly used note cards for support = 15
• Too soft or too fast, you slurred your words = 5
• Lots of poise and polish, you practiced speaking clearly = 10
• Looked down or at notes all the time = 5
• Looked at interviewer and audience = 10
• Nervously sitting, jittering, lots of movements = 5
• Relaxed, sitting still and straight = 10
posted on: August 21, 2006