January 25, 2006
I posted this yesterday, or so I thought, but my students informed they were not able to download the study guide.
There will be a test covering all of Chapter Six on Friday, January 27th. Students can download and print a study guide if they didn't pick one up in class. As usual, study guides are worth five bonus points on the test and MUST be signed by a parent. The study guide is required for those students who scored below a 70 on last week's quiz.
Chapter Six Study Guide
Posted by Larkin at 12:14 PM
January 24, 2006
There will be a test covering Chapter Six on Friday, January 27th. As always, there is a study guide you may download and return with a parent signature for five bonus points on your test.
Chapter Six Study Guide
Chapter 6 Review Guide.doc
Posted by Larkin at 01:46 PM
January 20, 2006
Due Monday, January 23rd.
Students will use Chapter 6, Section 3 to create a "WANTED" (think Wild West or police search) poster for bacteria. Students may make a "WANTED" poster representing either an unlawful, harmful bacteria, or a desirable, helpful bacteria. Students may use their text book or Internet to research a type of bacteria.
- Color picture/graphic of the cell (may be hand drawn or computer generated; may include facial features, clothes, props, ect.)
- Genus and Species name (may be real or fictitious name, use correct punctuation)
- Explanation for why the bacteria is wanted (Harmful ex: strep throat, vomiting, food poisoning, spoiling food OR Helpful ex: food digestion, making milk, cheese, yogurt, medication)
- Description of physical characteristics (ex: spherical, rodlike, or spiral shape, color, etc).
- Where you would find the bacteria (Last seen.....ex: in the intestines, cheese factory, hiding in a pond, the bottom of your shoe)
Posters should be made on a sheet of computer paper, (no lines), but may also be made on construction paper, poster, etc.
Have a great weekend!
Posted by Larkin at 04:38 PM
January 18, 2006
Just a reminder; there will be a parent meeting Thursday, January 19th, in the Mabry Theater at 6:00pm. The meeting will cover topics including classes and activities, accommodations, what to bring, procedures for departure, medical issues, etc.
After the general meeting we will have a brief meeting for those parents interested in chaperoning.
Hope to see you there!
Posted by Larkin at 05:11 PM
January 12, 2006
Click here to view a great website that will help you study for your quiz! Explore the six kingdoms!
Posted by Larkin at 04:53 PM
There will be a quiz on either Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. The quiz will cover Chapter 6, sections 1 and 2. Students should use their workbooks and graphic organizers to study.
Posted by Larkin at 12:48 PM
There will be a general information meeting in the Mabry Theater on Thursday, January 19th, form 6:00-6:45. Parents who have expressed an interest in chaperoning should remain in the theater for a brief meeting following the general meeting.
Posted by Larkin at 11:09 AM