Fun was had by all in the 3-day, all day, back 2 back Mabry Field Days!
Check these fun photos out!
posted on: May 20, 2007
Field Day Reminders.......
TEACHERS & STUDENTS...PLEASE.........
- DO WEAR SPF 30 or higher SUNSCREEN
- DO WEAR HATS, SHADES, AND ATHLETIC LIGHT & COOL CLOTHING
- DO BRING WATER BOTTLES WITH NAMES WRITTEN ON THEM
- DON'T WEAR- FACE PAINT
- DON'T WEAR/HAVE HAIR DYED
- DON'T BRING PETS/ANIMALS TO FIELDS
- ONLY VOLUNTEERS SIGNED UP THROUGH PE DEPT. MAY COME TO FIELD DAY. (no spectators allowed)
- DO BRING YOUR POSITIVE GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP ATTITUDE ALONG WITH YOUR GREAT MABRY TEAM SPIRIT!!!!
posted on: May 10, 2007
- 6th grade-Thursday, 5/17th
- 7th grade- Wednesday, 5/16th
- 8th grade- Friday, 5/18th
- ALL DAY LONG BABY!!!!
- BE PREPARED!: WEAR SUNSCREEN (30-SPF OR HIGHER, APPLIED AT LEAST TWICE!), BRING WATER BOTTLES OUT TO FIELD WITH NAME ON THEM. WEAR HATS & SUNGLASSES. NO LONG SLEEVES OR HOODIES, OR LONG PANTS,(IF IT CAN BE HELPED)
- Get hydrated the night before by drinking alot of water.
- Wear your field day t-shirt or a shirt of same color for school and team spirit!
- Don't sign up for more than 2 individual events and 1 team event. (teachers should be monitoring this process)
- Don't sign up for more than 1 running event.
- Check your event times to make sure they don't overlap.
- Be a team player, and cheer for other team members when you are not currently in an event!
- Clean up after yourself! ALWAYS THROW TRASH AWAY IN CANS THAT ARE PROVIDED.
- Help your teacher Set up & Break down your team areas.
- Always talk & act positive with opponents, referees, and teammates! SPORTSMANSHIP FIRST!
- HAVE FUN!!!!
- ANY QUESTIONS? ask the PE teachers!
- Good Luck
posted on: May 01, 2007
please help us out by donating used tennis balls to the PE dept. for field day 07'
We need them for our Home Run Derby event and racquetball games.
Please put the tennis balls in grocery bag and tie up ends and give them to one of the coaches as you come into school in the morning.
thanks for your help!
posted on: May 01, 2007
Be looking at the end of the week on this blog, for your 2007 Field Day T-shirt design!
It was a close call between two 8th grade student designs...both entries were really good, and the decision was hard to make!
Check Back in Friday!!!!
posted on: March 19, 2007
Mabry will be participating in the annual Hoops for Heart event during March. If you are interested in helping to raise money for our local American Heart Association, you can pick up a Hoops for Heart envelope from a Physical Education teacher and begin collecting donations. Individuals may earn prizes based on the donations they raise. Friends and family can even donate for you on line if they choose. Any checks should be made out to the American Heart Association.
So you think you can shoot hoops??? If you would like the chance to play against some of your teachers on March 16th, join together with some friends to form a team. The two teams bringing in the highest TOTAL in donations will get to play against the teachers while the rest of your classmates watch. Not to be talking "smack", but last year, the teachers really cleaned up and taught the students a different kind of lesson. Got it in you? Pick up a Hoops for Heart packet today and earn the right to show your teachers a thing or two. We are hoping to set a school goal with donations this year. We are aiming high.... $5,000.00. I think we can do it! Look for posters in the hallways and packets in the P.E. area.
posted on: February 20, 2007