- 6th grade-Thursday, 5/17th
- 7th grade- Wednesday, 5/16th
- 8th grade- Friday, 5/18th
- ALL DAY LONG BABY!!!!
- BE PREPARED!: WEAR SUNSCREEN (30-SPF OR HIGHER, APPLIED AT LEAST TWICE!), BRING WATER BOTTLES OUT TO FIELD WITH NAME ON THEM. WEAR HATS & SUNGLASSES. NO LONG SLEEVES OR HOODIES, OR LONG PANTS,(IF IT CAN BE HELPED)
- Get hydrated the night before by drinking alot of water.
- Wear your field day t-shirt or a shirt of same color for school and team spirit!
- Don't sign up for more than 2 individual events and 1 team event. (teachers should be monitoring this process)
- Don't sign up for more than 1 running event.
- Check your event times to make sure they don't overlap.
- Be a team player, and cheer for other team members when you are not currently in an event!
- Clean up after yourself! ALWAYS THROW TRASH AWAY IN CANS THAT ARE PROVIDED.
- Help your teacher Set up & Break down your team areas.
- Always talk & act positive with opponents, referees, and teammates! SPORTSMANSHIP FIRST!
- HAVE FUN!!!!
- ANY QUESTIONS? ask the PE teachers!
- Good Luck
posted on: May 02, 2007
Congratulations are in Order for 8th grader, Mary P.!
Mary is the design contest winner for this year's field day t-shirt!
You will be able to buy a shirt for $7.00, to show your school spirit after spring break, and support your PE and Intramurals program!
Check out link below for this way cool charger design!
posted on: March 29, 2007
I Hope everybody had a great summer! I am looking forward to a great school year. See you all soon!
posted on: August 07, 2006
Mabry Field Days will be held on May 17th, 18th and 19th this year. On each day, one of our grade levels will be participating in a day-long Field Day series of events. Students will have an oportunity to sign up for various track and field events (some non-athletic events as well) for morning participation, and a team event for the afternoon participation. Sign-ups will take place within each homeroom. Each team has chosen a color to wear for the day. Students must wear their team color for Field Day and it will be the student's responsibility to acquire a shirt. Mabry is taking orders for T-shirts in each of the team colors unitl April 21. This will be the absolute last day we can process an order. If you are interested in purchasing a screened T-shirt in your team color, the cost will be $7.00. Any funds remaining after paying for all ordered shirts will be used for Physical Education supplies for Field Day. These order forms went home with each student with report cards, but additional forms are located in each grade level commons near the black box where orders and payments should be placed. If any parent is interested in helping out on Field Day, contact your child's homeroom teacher and see if there is something they need you to do. We are looking forward to having a terrific week next month!
posted on: April 12, 2006
Kick up your heels in the Line Dancing unit and work on keeping the beat, staying together, and learning new steps. Your skills check off will be starting Friday, January 20th. Here's the criteria for your created line dance:
* work in small groups (2-6)
* create 4 - 8 steps
* have at least one change of direction
* be able to repeat the pattern you create
* dance to the beat of your music
* stay together and on the same foot
* have a good time
If you are bringing in your own music or players, have your name on them and be sure music is school appropriate. So far, you are doing an swesome job!!
posted on: January 17, 2006
Mabry will have a special presentation on skiing and snowboarding during Physical Education classes on Thursday, January 19th. After the program, students will have the opportunity to pick up permission forms and information reguarding a skiing and snowboarding class that will be held here at Mabry. We will have a "slope" constructed on campus for this class and will meet for five days of instruction. Information will also be available for taking day trips to North Carolina for skiing and snowboarding. If you are interested, be sure to take a permission/information form home with you on Thursday. Who says you need snow to be able to ski!
posted on: January 17, 2006
*Students must dress out daily
*Change of clothes, socks and tennis shoes
*No shoes that mark Gym floor
*Labels is clothing facilitates returning lost items
*All students participate daily unless excused
*Parent note may excuse up to five days based on illness
*Physician note may excuse longer based on injury
*Students not participating will have a written assignment
*Dressing out 30%
*Skill/Written tests 30%
*School-wide conduct grades
posted on: August 11, 2005
Hey everybody, another awesome year is ready to begin and I am excited and anxious to get it going! I had a great summer and hopefully ya'll did too!
I am thrilled about our school make-over and that each student will have their own hall locker, and that we have new science labs, a new Monster Band room, and a SWEET new Cafeteria! This will be my best year ever, I'm sure of it!
posted on: August 09, 2005
Welcome to our department's new blog!
posted on: June 19, 2005
Welcome to the PE and Intramurals Blog!
posted on: June 19, 2005