This morning I met with the PTSA and shared several items. Below is a very brief summary of each of the items.
- The SPLOST construction will add 50,000 square feet to our school. We will now have 150,000 square feet at Mabry!
- I have a meeting this week to explore the purchase of furniture and equipment for the new classrooms.
- Students are now taking the Performance Series, a nationally normed computer adaptive test that is correlated with the CRCT and should allow us to predict success on that state test.
- The 8th Grade Writing Assessment is scheduled for Wednesday, January 19th.
- Early Release Day is scheduled for Wednesday, January 26th.
- Buddy Pictures are scheduled for Friday, January 28th.
- The 7th Grade Science students will take a fieldtrip to Jekyll Island the week of January 27th.
- The changes in the federal overtime regulations are impacting schools. (See my post on January 6th.)
- The Power to Learn (1 on 1 laptop initiative) appears to be scheduled to go before the board during the first part of February.
- I have joined with those teachers who are now blogging as a communication tool for parents by starting this blog.
- All who are interested can take a tour of the construction immediately after your meeting today.
posted on: January 10, 2005