HOMEWORK IS ONE OF THE MANY KEYS TO "SIXCEEDING!"
Homework is one of the most important parts of school and can be rewarding if you do it well.
Agendas help you keep organized. You write down all your homework assignments and when you have tests or quizzes in your classes. Your agenda should be kept neat so that you can read it.
Example of Neat Agenda
Example of Messy Agenda
Questions to Teachers
1. What is your consequence for students not having their homework?
2. What percent of a grade is homework?
3. How many hours/minutes of homework do you give during a weekly basis?
4. How does doing your homework help students?
Mrs. Cushman- Language Arts
1. Students have one night to make up the work with a grade of a fifty. If not completed that one night, grade becomes a zero.
2. Homework is 10%.
3. At least two hours weekly
4. Students review, practice, and learn material. Students become more responsible for their learning.
Ms. Mitchell- Math
1. Math homework is based on completion, not accuracy. If a student does not do their homework, or does not complete the homework according to directions, then the student receives a zero.
2. Homework is 10% of the math grade.
3. Math has homework every day, except for Friday's, because we are usually doing Accelerated Math and DEAR. We don't usually have homework on test days.
4. Students need to practice math on a daily basis. Homework is a chance for students to independently practice the skills and concepts that they have learned in class that day. It is used as reinforcement.
Ms. Brown-Curry- Science .
1. The consequence for failure to do homework usually ends in a zero if the student fails to show for study hall the next day.
2. It is 10%; it's a small chunk, but every little piece counts.
3. On average Ms. Brown-Curry assigns between two to three assignments per week. Some of the assignments are spread over a couple of days. This provides students with the flexibility of beginning sooner or later.
4. Homework is used for two purposes: introduction or practice. If done properly, it helps the students learn concepts and to be prepared for class discussion
DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND YOU WILL "SIXCEED!"