Reading at Mabry
" The greatest gift of all is the passion for reading."
This blog is to teach rising 6th graders about the requirements of reading during the school year and how to use electronic books on the computer.
- Electronic Books are available for 2 subjects: Science & Language Arts
- These books can only be used if you are registered as a user.
- Registering on PHSuccessnet.com (link to the website)
- If you have any trouble registering, go into Student Registration and scroll to the top. Click on the right-hand corner which says, "How do I use this page?"
- Must read 25 books throughout the school year (or 1,000,000 words)
- Each book must be at least 150 pages long.
- If the book is more than 150 pages, it may count for more than 1 book.
- Keep a reading log to keep track of all of the books you've read. ~Your reading teachers will give these to you~
- Read a book that interests you.
- Try to find an author and kind of book you like and read a lot of them.
- Try to read after school in a quiet place.
- If you read the most books out of everyone in your grade, you will receive an i-Pod Shuffle.
- If you read the most books out of everyone in the school, you will receive an i-Pod.
- So remember, if you read, you will