Dropping Off & Picking Up Students
Dr. Tyson asked that all of the parking along the very front of the school be eliminated to increase the space where students may be dropped off or picked up. Again, our goal, for your convenience, is to safely speed up this process before and after school. You will see the new Student Drop Off and Pick Up Lane. If you click on the picture, a larger version will appear.
For safety, we need everyone to abide by the following:
- If you are dropping off or picking up students, drive into the Student Drop Off and Pick Up Lane.
- Proceed as far down as possible to the stop sign by 7th grade (pictured below) before stopping to drop off or pick up a student. The temptation is to stop at the front entrance, which may cause cars to back up all the way down Jim's Road when large numbers of parents are attempting to drop off students. Please, pull as close to the stop sign as possible.
- Never attempt to exit the Student Drop Off and Pick Up Lane at the half way point. Traffic cones will be placed to prevent this during high traffic times.
- Never drop off a student to the left of the Student Drop Off and Pick Up Lane as students then face the danger of crossing through oncoming vehicles.
- Always drive slowly and cautiously on the campus. Children may thoughtlessly and unexpectedly dart out in front of you from anywhere!
This is the stop sign down by the 7th grade entrance. When possible, please pull all of the way down to this sign, or at least as close as possible, when picking up or dropping off students. Never park in this area as doing so will significantly impede the flow of traffic and increase the risk of students being hurt .
We believe this will facilitate faster access for everyone and keep cars from drifting out onto Jim's Road. Clicking on the picture enlarges it.
Posted by Dr. Tyson